Going Green? We can help.
With more people having a genuine concern for the environment and
their own health, “green” products are quickly becoming very popular in
our industry. This popularity coupled with improved technology
has lead to green products becoming both less costly and more effective
than they used to be. So, how do you implement a green cleaning
policy that really is green? Kaeb Sanitary has the products and
expertise to guide your organization through this process.
Listed below are a few of our suggestions:
- Make sure products are certified by a recognized 3rd party organization like Green Seal, Ecologo,or the EPA’s DFE program (http://www.epa.gov/dfe/pubs/projects/formulat/index.htm ). Many products claim to be green but have no documentation proving them as such.
- Be prepared for some resistance
from your custodial staff. Green products have improved
significantly but it can be hard to convince someone who has had a bad
experience in the past. Arrange for a product demonstration
(Click on our Demo Link) to make sure a product does what it is
supposed to do.
- Conduct an audit.
List the products that you are currently using and determine which ones
are potentially hazardous to you and the environment. Kaeb
Sanitary conducts these audits for free. Click here for more info.
- Read up on the subject. There is a lot of good info at www.issa.com (The International Sanitary Supply Association’s website) and at the Illinois Green Schools Act website. (http://www.standingupforillinois.org/green/school_cleaning.php)
Here are some suggestions for each product category:
- Cleaning Chemicals – Use a chemical
proportioner. These units are not only safer for employees but
also save money by diluting concentrated products correctly. Both
our Buckeye and Nyco lines offer the very best green seal certified chemicals as well as chemical proportioners.
- Paper products
– Use recycled paper that meets the EPA’s procurement guidelines.
(100% Recycled 20% post consumer waste for Toilet Paper, 100% Recycled
40% post consumer waste for towels)
- Hand Soaps
– Use foam soap. You will use less product and save money.
Our Symmetry line offers free soap dispensers with it’s green seal foam
- Use entrance matting – A minimum of
12’ at each entrance will capture the majority of dirt off peoples
shoes before it tracks into your building. Matting companies are
now making mats out of recycled material. We sell Andersen
matting – visit there website at www.andersenco.com.
– Can you get away with a thinner liner? We have liners that are
thinner but stronger. Ask about our Hi-Low liners.
- Equipment – Our manufacturer IPC Eagle manufactures a line of more compact auto-scrubbers that utilize less power but deliver big results. Let us demo our CT70 Series 28” scrubber – the most compact 28” scrubber on the market.
Please contact us via phone (309) 829-3011 or email email@example.com for further information.